Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss California Still taking Flak over Gay Marriage Answer

Answering judge Perez Hilton's question about gay marriage, Prejean said: "I think it's great Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be, between a man and a woman."

On the "Today Show" this morning, Prejean defended her answer.

"I knew at that moment after I answered the question, I knew, I was not going to win because of my answer, because I had spoken from my heart, from my beliefs and for my God," she said. "I wouldn't have answered it differently. The way I answered may have been offensive. With that question specifically, it's not about being politically correct. For me it was being biblically correct." - ABC News Story

I still can not understand what all the hoopla is about. She was asked a stupid question and the judge intended to put her on the spot. She answered it honestly and truthfully with her beliefs. She didn't give him the answer he wanted and he is out bashing her all over the place.

The bottom line is that Perez Hilton is a moron. Don't ask a stupid question like that if you can't handle the answer. We live in America, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Most people don't agree on everything, and that is OK. I think she did a great job, it is disheartening that a Judge can go out and bash your name and reputation because you don't share his view point.

No comments: