Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Facts about Fact Checking Burke and Walker Claims

If you want to fact check what the Candidates and their Allies are saying, Politifact claims to do just that.  However you have to read into the details to understand their ratings. 

I decided to dive in and check out Mary Burke and Scott Walker.  They have made many claims and a lot of them were fact checked by Politifact Wisconsin.

I did not give credit for Half Truths, I considered those not being completely honest and only tell part of the story to make themselves look good. 

So when I looked back through all of the ratings here is what I found out. I used the same time frame so both could be fairly matched up.

Scott Walker was fact checked 44 times.  Of those 23 times he was rated as telling the truth.  That works out to 52% of the time we got the whole story and it was truthful.

Mary Burke was fact checked only 33 times.  Of those 10 times she was rated as telling the truth.  That works out to 30% of the time we got the whole story and it was truthful.

No comments: