Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Friday, November 7, 2008

Village of Pewaukee wants to charge for Fire Calls

The Village of Pewaukee is considering charging close to $3700 per call for the fire department.

Call me crazy, but isn't that what our property taxes go for? They say that you will be allowed to appeal the fee in extreme circumstances, and that they want to be sure that it does not jeopardize safety.

Hello, lets see, I smell smoke, you better make damn sure you need them because I can't afford $3700 right now. How about when you have an injury or need the Ambulance? Don't they always send the Fire Department as well. I don't necessarily need the Fire Department, I need an Ambulance, are they still going to charge me? Can I tell them to only send the Ambulance, I don't need the Fire Department? What if my neighbor sees smoke and calls the Fire Department? Do they have to pay or do I?

This is just crazy. Our Leaders just can't balance a budget. They can't make the hard decisions like you and I have to do. We have to say NO to some things even though we really want them to stay within our means. Why can't Government do that?

No comments: