Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Thursday, December 18, 2008

OWI Driver Kills Baby

Here we go again with the way that Wisconsin Judges deal with the problem of Drinking and Driving. I feel like a one legged man in an asskicking contest here. Does anybody get this? Is it just me?

WTMJ Story

I am not saying that I have never gone out and had some drinks and drove home, I have. Not the smartest thing that I have ever done, but just being realistic. Most people have. Most people also understand that there are consequences if things go wrong.

I know that if I get pulled over I will get in trouble, if I cause an accident it is my fault.

However, here in Wisconsin it seems I am consistently hearing about drunk drivers getting into accidents and killing people. Most of the time it is not their first time. You wonder how can people continue to do this and not be in jail.

Well here you go, a Fond du Lac woman who drove drunk and caused a crash that killed a baby has been sentenced to six months in jail. Six months in jail!!! You kill someone, a baby none the less, Six Months in Jail. WOW, now that is life changing punishment!!!! I know someone who got caught stealing from their employer and got sentenced to SIX MONTHS IN JAIL!!!!

It wasn't even like Shannon Baierl was just mildly drunk.

Deputies testified at an earlier preliminary hearing that Baierl's blood alcohol content was more than three times the legal limit. - WTMJ

I guess the Judge felt the 15 years of probation would be the real punishment.

No comments: