Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Monday, October 27, 2008

Bush's Failed Economic Policies

I keep hearing about the failed Economic Policies of George Bush. I think I might need some help here.

As I look through the reports I notice that when Bush took office we were in the midst of a recession. That recession was left for him by Clinton. Unemployment was way up and things didn't look good.

Since 2003 the recession was over and the Stock Market has seen unprecedented increases. Increases that benefited everyone. Unemployment has steadily declined until just recently. Also, the real mean income has increased across the board.

I haven't agreed with all of the policies of the Bush Administration, but to say they failed shows a lack of understanding. Could they have been better? Absolutely. To go through 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the cost of crude, I think that I can honestly say that the last 8 years haven't been to bad for me.

I have said it before and I will continue to say it!!!! The economic mess we are seeing can not be blamed on Bush! There is plenty of blame to go all around. Bush called out Congress to address the problem years ago, they did nothing. Not the Republicans and not the Democrats.

No comments: