Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Monday, January 5, 2015

House Speaker John Boehner Has Opposition within the Party

Multiple reports have come out that there is competition forming for Speaker of the House when the New Congress takes over this week. 

I think that it is a very good thing.  I hear all the talking heads on TV saying how the Republican Party is in disarray because of all the infighting.  Really?  I think that is great.  The problem we have had is that people just blindly follow their party and not what they truly feel is right for the Country.  So if there is discord within the Republican Party, that means that at least some of them are thinking for themselves.  That is a good thing.

I don't believe that they can stop John Boehner from retaining his leadership role, but I think that it is good that they are at least putting up some opposition.

No comments: