Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Are you Safer Now than when Obama Took Office?

You know the old Political Rhetoric, "Are you Better off now than 4 years ago?", "Are you Safer now than 4 years ago?"

I can pretty easily answer both of those questions with an emphatic NO!!!!  Not all of it is the President's fault, but Leadership starts there.

Better off now than 4 years ago?  Not at all.  I am working, but less hours because of constant cut backs at the job.  My Health Insurance costs me a lot more than it used too and I get less coverage than I used too.  That's right, the law that was suppose to make things better has done nothing for me but cost me more money for less coverage.

Safer?

I live in a world where Terrorist seem to be increasing in strength and covering a greater part of the world.  Russia has become much more dangerous.  Terrorist have found a way to attack right here on American Soil using our own citizens without retribution from us.

I live in a world where we have watched as our own leadership has allowed and in some cases cultivated attacks on our own law enforcement.  I have watched as or own leadership sided with the criminals to create chaos on the streets of America.

I live in a Country that cares more about how outsiders are treated than our own citizens.  I live in a Country where my religious beliefs are under attack to make someone else feel comfortable with there own.  I live in a Country where achieving the American Dream means I am a bad person.

I live in a City where a man can attack a Police Officer and the Police Officer is criticized for protecting himself.  I live in a City where it is OK to attack people for their political beliefs.  I live in a City where we care more about a Train or a Sports Team than our own schools and people.  I live in a City where we riot because of the Cop who shot a man attacking him, but show only a minor concern for the murder of children.

It isn't hard to say NO, I am not better off and NO, I am not safer.

What the hell has happened?  How the hell do we fix it?  

I live in a Country where people have forgotten the basics.  I live in a Country where Government has decided that they should tell us what we should think and not think.  

No comments: