Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Monday, December 22, 2014

Sick and Tired of the Race Card being Played

Every time the news comes on all I hear about is race.  The President telling me about racism, the Attorney General telling me about racism, the Mayor of NY telling me about racism, Protestors telling me about racism.  The only thing I am getting out of all this is that there sure as hell is a lot of racism, and it is from the people preaching to me about racism.

I guess I am racist?  I am white and for the fact alone I am being told I am racist.

I sure don't see any of the things that are happening now doing one thing to help with all of this racism.  Not a single one of these cases that have garnered so much media attention, let alone got the President, Attorney General and Mayor of New York to jump into them, appear to have racism as underlying issue.

Racism isn't a White Police Officer Shooting a Black Criminal. 

Racism:
: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race
: the belief that some races of people are better than others
None of the cases that have led off every news cast can claim racism as the underlying issue.

In every case multiple investigations occurred with the whole world watching and they all have come to the same conclusion of no charges. 

I am sick and tired of being told everything is racism just because the people involved are different races.  That does NOT MAKE IT RACISM!!!

All of these protestors and the so called do gooders, President and AG included, would be better off if they would take race off the table and discuss the true underlying issues here. 

Every time I turn on the 10pm news I hear of someone getting shot.  A vast majority of those are in the black community.  Amazingly enough I don't see the protestors out there rallying support to stop those crimes.  I have seen kids who become victims of these thugs running the streets, still don't see the protests shutting down streets.  Saw where a 10 year old girl was sexually assaulted on her way to school, nope, no big protest.  All of these events and I haven't seen the President or AG make a single appearance or say a word. 

The people, President and AG included, who are supposed to be leaders have done nothing to improve the race relations.  They have instead incited race issues into places that have nothing to with race.  The rhetoric from these so called leaders including the mayor of NYC has only increased the hatred and has played more than a small roll in allowing things to escalate to the level that has cost lives.

Racism can't be determined just because of the color of ones skin, but the beliefs of that person at the core.  People are racist just because they are white and people aren't victims of racism just because they are black. 

We need true leadership to move past this and hope that the true leaders can step forward.


No comments: