Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Friday, May 23, 2014

Harley Davidson's PR Problem

David Zien, former lawmaker in Wisconsin well known for riding his old Harley over 1 million miles is claiming that Harley is refusing to honor the warranty on his new bike because he flew too many flags behind it.  Mr. Zien says the bike broke down with transmission problems and Harley is blaming the flags and not fixing it.

This seems pretty simple for Harley Davidson.  Technically the company may be right.  Legally they may be able to walk away from fixing the transmission.  But, and this is a very BIG But.  Is all the bad press really worth it?

I am an avid rider myself.  I own a Harley.  I can tell you that I have heard the story being talked about on local radio stations, local news and today I even read about it in the National News.  Is this what Harley Davidson wants people talking about when they talk about Harleys?  I would think not.  If I was in a position of authority for Harley, I would be front and center getting this bike fixed ASAP and make a big deal of it.  I would definitely want the Narrative of this conversation changed quickly.


No comments: