Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who's better?

As the campaign for President heats up and the election draws nearer, the waters get murkier.

I haven't been a huge supporter of McCain's, but I didn't necessarily support Obama either. I really didn't seem to have a horse in this race until the last few weeks.

Politics is a dirty sport. You play to win at all costs, or so it appears. I like Sarah Palin as a choice for VP and it peeked my interest. I pretty much knew what I would get with Biden, not really impressive. I liked the Palin pick because she and her family seemed like your normal American family. Not from the DC web.

Now, here is where things change. The ridiculous way the election has come out. The treatment of not only Sarah Palin, but her whole family. The personal attacks on her daughter, Obama sending a team of lawyers and people to dig up dirt on her. The hacking of personal emails. I don't believe that Obama sent someone to hack her emails, but the reaction from the people on his side has made me scratch my head. They say that it is public domain, therefore allowed. I thought that these same people fought the Patriot Act saying that it is private and would be an attack on our civil liberties?

I have found myself more and more angry at the mistruths and outright lies. I beleive that both sides use the tactic of skirting the truth to make themselves look better by making the opposition look bad. McCain has lobbyist running parts of his campaign, Obama has former leaders of organizations that we are now bailing out due to their mismanagement. They are the ones who are partially responsible for this economic crash. Does that mean Obama doesn't know what he is doing with the economy? If you use the Obama logic of McCain's lobby connection then yes Obama would drive the market further into the ground.

If you vote based on the Ads, you have done a real disservice to yourself, your family, your country. Get the facts!!!!

No comments: