Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Monday, March 31, 2008

Former Chief Hegerty wants more Money


Former Milwaukee Police Chief Nan Hegerty has filed a suit against the city of Milwaukee for discrimination. Claiming she was paid less than her counterparts because she was a woman.

This is a touchy subject for most people, but for me it is rather easy.

First of all you agree to do the job at the price that is offered you. If you are not happy with what they offer you, then you counter offer and/or don't take the job. Then if you are not satisfied and you feel like you are being discriminated against, you take action. You don't agree to do the job at the agreed pay, then after you are gone, you decide, "I didn't like that pay, and I think they discriminated against me."

Second, I believe the City of Milwaukee should counter sue her for failure to perform. She may not have been the worst Police Chief, but she can very easily be grouped in with them. I can not for the life of me think of one good thing that she did. Her Officers didn't like her, the public didn't like her, about the only people that her where the Thugs and Criminals who got away with anything and everything because she didn't back up her officers.

I think that she should repay the city for her $132,000 a year salary and now her $6000+ a month pension. She sure didn't earn any of it.

No comments: