Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bucks Player Bogut Loses His Temper

Milwaukee Bucks player Andrew Bogut got ejected from the game very late in the 4th quarter for a flagrant foul. Fans were yelling at him and he lost his cool giving the finger to them.

Is this how an NBA Player, or anyone should act?

I didn't see the game, but did see the news reports that followed. I was quite shocked to say the least. As an avid fan of the Milwaukee Bucks, I have not seen this behavior from any of them, let alone Bogut. The season has been less than stellar, and in fact has fallen far below the expectations.

I do not condone this behavior what so ever, and feel that Mr. Bogut owes an apology. I would also say that it was not clear what the fans where yelling. I have been at games and heard the hecklers, some can be down right nasty.

I am sure that there will be some fallout, both from the Bucks and the NBA. I am sure that Andrew Bogut is not feeling so proud of himself today, and I think that we need to reserve judgement on the Man until he has a chance to cool down and speak. He has been a good thing for the team and the community, and this one outburst or lack of judgement should not condemn him.

1 comment:

M. Roberts said...

Well, Bogut apologized emphatically the following day, and admitted that there was no excuse for his actions. Props to him for doing so.

The NBA of course held the course as well, fining him $25,000 for his actions.

Meanwhile all of this was background noise to the move by GM Larry Harris to fire Coach Terry Stotts.

All I can really say is, It is about time. I don't think it was necessarily anything the coach did, but rather, he was the wrong man for the job from the get go.