Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Monday, September 21, 2009

Patterson Running for Governor Despite Obama Objections

Embattled New York Governor David Paterson didn’t deny reports that the White House wants to him step aside, fearing his low approval ratings are beyond repair, but told the New York Post he was still running -- for now.

Sources have said Rep. Gregory Meeks has carried the message from President Obama, and Paterson Sunday didn’t deny having serious talks with the Queens Democrat, the New York Post reported.

"I mean I have had a number of conversations with a number of different people," Paterson told reporters at the African American Day Parade in Harlem.

"They were confidential. I’m not going to discuss them ... I’m not talking about any specific conversations. As I said, I am running for office. I’m not going to discuss confidential conversations."

Paterson insisted he’s running in 2010, but added a tepid "right now" qualifier to his candidacy.

"I am running for governor right now," Paterson said. "I have no idea about any, in other words, I am a candidate for governor." - FOX News

No comments: