Welcome to Milwaukee Live

Friday, May 1, 2009

Obama Administration pushes back at FOX

Fox News White House correspondent Major Garrett was asked today on the "Brian and the Judge" radio show about the network being snubbed during Obama's third prime-time presser. (h/t Johnny Dollar).

"That was retribution for the Fox network, broadcast network, running with its regularly scheduled programming instead of taking the White House press conference," Garrett said.

"I was warned that it might be considered as part of the overall consideration as to whether or not I'd get called on," Garrett continued. "I wasn't. I can add one and one to make two."

Obama's third presser brought in 28.8 million viewers, but it was a drop of over 20 million from the first East Room news conference. And Garrett questioned whether there's still the same news value.

"I wouldn't be suprirsed if some of the other networks peel off, following Fox's lead," Garrett said. - Politico

The problem that I have is that our local FOX Channel carried the Press Conference. I was so excited when I got home that I didn't have to watch it and could watch my regular show on FOX and when I turned the Channel there he was, OBAMA!!!! UGHHHHHHH!!!!

I don't think this really surprises anyone that they treated FOX like that. It is the way that the Obama Administration has done business from day one. If you don't go along with them, then they will try to pressure you into doing it their way.

No comments: